BGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! We specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities. We promote integrity and stewardship, and offer an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
We are seeking a SUPER FANTASTIC employees who will produce work that will directly affect the growth of our organization while also gaining experience in areas which are important to you.
Benefits of working with BGCM:
* Gain professional work experience, while also meeting personal/professional goals.
* Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact.
* Learn about the industry from all levels of BGCM management.
* Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment.
* For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements.
* Room for growth is available.
* Must have reliable transportation, a passion for helping students succeed, be personable, punctual, friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population; have strong communications skills, and a passion for serving the community.
* Work in-person, one on one or in small group settings.
* Keep detailed electronic records of tutoring sessions and file weekly with BGCM.
* Track and analyze student progress.
* Prepare lessons to meet student needs.
* Work closely with Executive Director (or equiv staff) to meet students’ academic goals.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Communicate Effectively: Deliver information in a clear, compelling, and concise manner, while actively listening and checking for understanding.
Drive Engagement: Build immediate rapport with students by inviting participation and making students feel that their contributions are valued.
Passion for Results: Be personally committed to the success of students guiding them to face any challenges head on and with a positive attitude.
Prior tutoring experience and Bachelor’s Degree or higher is a plus. AP-level knowledge in at least one or more subjects (ex: English, Math, Science, etc). High SAT or ACT scores preferred. Tutors who have scored at or above the 95 percentile is a plus. Tutors needed for: Literacy, Math, Test Prep (SAT, SSAT, ACT, AP Exams, etc.) and more.
**PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE RELATIVE EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING/TUTORING ANY GRADE FROM 3 THROUGH 12.
- CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE TO LOCATION IN MARLBORO, NJ.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST: Email references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.bgcme.org to learn more about our organization.
- Candidate MUST work proficiently with a great level of autonomy.
- Must be available for an interview this week and available to begin reviewing curriculum and lesson planning shortly thereafter.
- Must be assertive.
- Must have experience and demonstrated success in a professional setting.
- Must have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent computer skills.
- Must have at least one year experience working with students in grades 3-12.
- Must have a passion for youth and a heart to serve.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program or be employed in education or relative field.
- Must be independent, open-minded, enthusiastic, adaptable, and must be able to work in a team environment, independently, and with a great deal of autonomy.
- Must welcome new challenges, come up with fresh ideas and future focus, and be able to work in a fast paced environment in a deadline-oriented environment.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Event...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Senior Grant...
- IMMEDIATE NEED: Girls Who Code...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Human...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Creative Arts...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Research...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Site Manager
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Social Media...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: STEM...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Literacy...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Assistant to...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Tutors...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Health Care...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Behavioral...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING:...