BGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! We specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities. We promote integrity and stewardship, and offer an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
We are seeking a SUPER FANTASTIC employees who will produce work that will directly affect the growth of our organization while also gaining experience in areas which are important to you.
Benefits of working with BGCM:
* Gain professional work experience, while also meeting personal/professional goals.
* Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact.
* Learn about the industry from all levels of BGCM management.
* Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment.
* For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements.
* Room for growth is available.
* Assist students with setting academic goals and communicate with students/parents.
* Manage college readiness components of program.
* Be virtually available to students.
* Conduct weekly individual and group advisement with portfolio of students.
* Assist with college trips, educational retreats and workshops (parents and students).
* Create written materials and media and organize various workshops.
* Assist with coordination of regular meetings with students, parents and Student’s Support Group.
* Monitor attendance, grades, community service involvement, etc.
* Document and update all communication with students, parents and Support Group.
* Research academic programs and scholarships for students.
* Submit weekly reports to Executive Director or equiv staff.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE TO LOCATION IN MARLBORO, NJ.
* Passion for BGCM mission and youth development
* Reliable, organized and punctual
* Complete understanding of the education requirements and deadlines of each program for which student applies.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program staff and BGCM partners
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand
* Must have excellent organizational, time management, follow-up and multitasking skills.
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Drive applications.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST: Email references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.bgcme.org to learn more about our organization.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Event...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Senior Grant...
- IMMEDIATE NEED: Girls Who Code...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Human...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Creative Arts...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Research...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Site Manager
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Social Media...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR SUMMER-...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: STEM...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Literacy...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Assistant to...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Tutors...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Health Care...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Behavioral...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING:...