Day of Event Baltimore Walk to Defeat ALS
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
37 people are interested
During our Walk Season, we are always in search of great volunteers. We have our Baltimore Walk to Defeat ALS at Canton Waterfront Park coming up on September 29th and we would love to have you help us defeat ALS. We are looking for volunteer service from 7:00am until 2:00pm and have several opportunities for volunteering available.
Just to give you a little bit of background information about our organization: the ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit health organization dedicated solely to the fight against ALS. Our mission is to help people living with ALS and to leave no stone unturned in search for a cure. On a daily basis, staff and volunteers are working diligently to develop programs to make sure that our ALS family can count on the caring, compassionate support of people who understand the daily challenges of living with the daily challenges of living with this disease.
The various volunteer needs for this walk include:
- Set-Up: Set up tables, chairs, signage, etc.
- Registration: Welcome walkers and receive the pledges that they turn in.
- Food Distribution: Distribute snacks to hungry participants.
- T-Shirt Table: Pass out walk t-shirts to walkers who have raised $75 or more.
- Water Stop/Route Marshal: Maintain position along the route to ensure the safety of our walkers and distribute bottles of water.
- Break Down: Break down of the site and clean up.
3001 Boston StreetBaltimore, MD 21224
- Customer Service
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- 7 hours