During our Walk Season, we are always in search of great volunteers. We have our Baltimore Walk to Defeat ALS at Canton Waterfront Park coming up on September 29th and we would love to have you help us defeat ALS. We are looking for volunteer service from 7:00am until 1:00pm and have several opportunities for volunteering available.
Just to give you a little bit of background information about our organization: the ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit health organization dedicated solely to the fight against ALS. Our mission is to help people living with ALS and to leave no stone unturned in search for a cure. On a daily basis, staff and volunteers are working diligently to develop programs to make sure that our ALS family can count on the caring, compassionate support of people who understand the daily challenges of living with the daily challenges of living with this disease.
The various volunteer needs for this walk include:
- Set-Up: Set up tables, chairs, signage, etc.
- Registration: Welcome walkers and receive the pledges that they turn in.
- Food Distribution: Distribute snacks to hungry participants.
- T-Shirt Table: Pass out walk t-shirts to walkers who have raised $75 or more.
- Water Stop/Route Marshal: Maintain position along the route to ensure the safety of our walkers and distribute bottles of water.
- Break Down: Break down of the site and clean up.
- Customer Service
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 5 hours
- Kid's Zone- DC Walk to Defeat...
- Baltimore Committee Volunteers -...
- Richmond Walk to Defeat ALS
- DC Walk to Defeat ALS -...
- Photographer- Roanoke Walk to...
- Marching Band or Live Music...
- Day of Event Baltimore Walk to...
- Drumline or Entertainment Needed!
- National Anthem Singer -...
- National Anthem Singer