Chaperone someone who lives in our Adult Foster Care homes and improve their lives by nurturing their connection to the larger community beyond the house.
Objective: Assist a participant of one of our Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes with gardening at an AFC.
- You will come to the AFC and help the participant garden.
- An introductory meeting will take place at the AFC, prior to the activity, so the participant may meet you ahead of time. Our Volunteer Coordinator will let you know if the participant wants to do the activity.
- We ask that you call the participant on the day of gardening to remind/confirm that you’re meeting that day. If you do not receive confirmation from the participant, you may assume it is not on for that day.
- After completing the activity, please confirm the details with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Training: 1.5 hours; Activity: 2 hours
- May need introductory meeting at AFC prior to activity: .5 hours
- MN Science Museum Chaperone - AFC
- Caponi Art Park Chaperone
- Minnehaha Falls Hike Chaperone
- ASL Interpreter
- AFC Gardening Chaperone
- Music in the Parks Chaperone
- Como Conservatory Chaperone
- Arboretum Tree House Exhibit...
- Volunteer Reception Assistant
- Church Ride Chaperone
- State Park Chaperone
- MN Arboretum Chaperone
- Movie in the Parks Chaperone
- Art in Bloom/MIA Chaperone
- Como Zoo Chaperone