Volunteers Needed for FIRST LEGO League Tournament - Denver
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
28 people are interested
FIRST (r) LEGO(r) League Introduces students (ages 9-14) to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FIRST LEGO League teams, guided by their creativity, imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
FIRST LEGO League Competition Volunteers:
- Help kids discover the fun in science and technology
- Have a positive impact on the lives of children
- Are inspired and energized through their participation
- Generally commit one day each year to making the competition a success (time depends on role)
- Are provided with training, breakfast, lunch and a t-shirt
- Roles include, judges, referees, queuing, scorekeeping, setup and cleanup
- Make new friends with like-minded people
- Volunteer together with friends, family, and colleagues
- Have fun!
How to volunteer for a Colorado FIRST LEGO League Competition:
■ Register as a volunteer with FIRST - http://firstinspires.org
■ Choose "Sign Up" if you a new volunteer or "Login" if you are a returning volunteer
■ Choose "Volunteer Registration" and then "Volunteer at an Event" and then choose FLL.
■ Find the event you want to volunteer for and then choose the role(s) you are interested in and your availability. We especially need judges - this doesn’t require special skills and there is online training in advance of event.
■ You will hear from a volunteer coordinator confirming your assignment close to the date of the event you volunteered for.
University of Colorado Denver1201 Larimer StreetDenver, CO 80204
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Mechanical Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Depends on role but generall full day