The mission of the Women’s Center for Advancement (WCA) is to assist victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and their children to achieve safety and empowering them to lead self-determined lives.
Hotline & Hospital Call Volunteers assist in the WCA mission by helping clients who call the WCA 24-Hour Hotline with crisis intervention, community resources and safety planning related to domestic violence, sexual assault (DV/SA), and stalking. They will also meet with patients at the hospital who have experienced domestic violence or sexual assault to provide support and resources.
- Must pass a background check
- Training on Crisis Intervention & Hotline Procedures (8 Hours) before volunteering
- Additional training on Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking (40 Hours) within a year of beginning volunteer work
- Hospital Call volunteers must also complete hospital emergency training (4 Hours) and shadow a shift advocate on hospital calls (15 hours)
- Bilingual skills are welcome but not necessary!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are 6-8 hours