Purpose: The purpose of our program at the Mission of Saint Joan of Arc is to provide children in Elementary with supervision and homework help after school. The goal is for children to have all homework done by the time their parents pick them up after work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor children during the transition of sessions such as between snack and homework time.
- During snack time, help distribute food and pick up trash once children are done.
- Assist group of children, separated by grade level, finish their homework in a timely manner.
- If not assigned to homework duty, supervise children that are done with homework and make sure they don’t distract others.
- At times may be partnered up with another volunteer to help pick up children from school.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA Criminal Record Check
- FBI Criminal Background Check
- Safe Environment Training (given on site)
- Child Care
- First Aid / CPR
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, at least one day per week