LOCATION: The IRC in Phoenix
START DATE: October 17, 2016
Intensive Case Management AmeriCorps
Background: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Scope of Service: The AmeriCorps member will partner with the Intensive Case Management (ICM) team to address barriers to health and wellness for refugee and asylee clients, who include clients with serious medical and mental-health conditions; Congolese clients; the elderly; LGBTI clients; single mothers; and victims of sexual and gender-based violence. The AmeriCorps member will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to ICM clients to address barriers to social determinates of health, assist with recruiting and managing volunteers for the ICM program, and help conduct client satisfaction surveys. This position reports to the Daniel Curtiss, Direct Services Manager.
- Conduct health and wellness client assessments at 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months after ICM enrollment
- Develop individualized service plans based on client needs
- Map community assets and help make referrals to community partners
- Assist in scheduling and accompanying clients to health and wellness appointments as appropriate
- Educate clients on U.S. healthcare and social service systems
- Input client health and wellness information into IRC’s database
- Communicate client concerns with ICM staff and coordinate health and wellness service plan with supervisor
- Assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers for the ICM program
- Assist in rolling out client satisfaction surveys, compile the results, and provide findings to ICM team
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or be willing to earn one while serving (undergraduate degree strongly preferred)
- Must commit to one full year of service
Upon completion of service, AmeriCorps will be eligible for an education award of $5,775.
To apply, please fill out online application and send resume to Nicky Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 37.5 hrs/week
- K-12 Education Intern
- Parenting Workshop Volunteer
- Education Program Intern
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Child Watch Intern
- Citizenship Class (Avondale)
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Citizenship Classes
- Wellness Intern
- Job Development Volunteer
- Parenting Workshop Intern
- Intensive Case Management...
- Finance Intern
- Microenterprise Intern
- Adult Education Volunteer
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)
- Citizenship Class (South Phoenix)