68 people are interested
Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - Internship Position
Please visit the new page to apply.
68 people are interested
The Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program supports and empowers young Latinas to strive both in school and life through positive role modeling. The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program supports and empowers young Latinas to strive for success, both in school and in life, through health interventions targeted at mental, reproductive and physical health as well as career readiness and mentorship.
The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program is currently looking for an intern who will collaborate with the development and implementation of the program. The intern will work 10 hours per week.
L.O.V.E. Intern responsibilities
- Supports with L.O.V.E. mentors recruiting process
- Helps plan and implement L.O.V.E. mentoring sessions
- Provides direct support with organization's projects and tasks
- Maintains and develops L.O.V.E. social media platforms
- Communicates effectively, verbally, and in writing with L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program Director
- University student
- GPA: 3.0 and above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creative capacity
- Strong organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Be proficient in Word and Excel
- Be available a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Commit to work for the organization for a semester
About Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program, Inc.
54W 40th street, New York, NY 10018, US
L.O.V.E. supports and empowers young Latinas to strive both in school and life by providing positive role models
The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program works in partnership with organizations, universities and public schools, whose mission is to enhance the well-being of young girls and Hispanic communities in New York. The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program recruits female university students to support, guide, and be a role model to young Latinas during their high school years. L.O.V.E. takes place each academic year from September to June, running for approximately 30 weeks. L.O.V.E. is a school-based curriculum program that consists of three core components: personal empowerment, study skills, and career readiness. Mentors meet with their mentees in partner high schools on a weekly basis for an hour and a half.
54 W 40th StreetNew York, NY 10018
August 15, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A semester Commitment