111 people are interested
Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - Programs Internship
Please visit the new page to apply.
111 people are interested
The Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program supports and empowers young women in NYC to strive for success, both in school and in life, through mentorship and health interventions targeted at mental, reproductive and physical health as well as college access and career readiness.
The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program is currently looking for a program intern who will collaborate with the development and implementation of the program. The intern will work 15 hours per week.
L.O.V.E. Intern responsibilities
- Help plan, implement and facilitate L.O.V.E. mentoring sessions
- Provide direct support to students at partner schools by referring them to services (i.e. tutoring, SAT prep, homework help etc...)
- Assist with data entry
- Provide direct support with organization's projects and tasks
- Communicate effectively with L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program Coordinator
- Female identifying university student
- GPA: 3.0 and above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative capacity
- Strong organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Be proficient in Word and Excel
- Be proficient in MS Office applications (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) and Google Drive
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
About Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program, Inc.
1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036, US
L.O.V.E. supports and empowers young Latinas to strive both in school and life by providing positive role models
Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program supports and empowers young women to strive both in school and in life through positive role modeling. The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program works in partnership with NYC public schools, charter schools, colleges and universities, whose mission is to enhance the well-being of young girls and Latinx communities in New York City.
L.O.V.E. takes place each academic year from September to June, running for approximately 32 weeks. L.O.V.E. is a school-based curriculum program that consists of four core components: Mental health, Reproductive health, College access and Career readiness. Volunteer mentors meet with their mentees in partner schools on a weekly basis for an hour.
1460 BroadwayNew York, NY 10036
August 30, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A semester Commitment