Help change a life for someone overseas without leaving the comfort of your own city! Wheels for the World is an international program implemented by Joni and Friends, a faith-based nonprofit serving the disability community. The success of this program lies in its teamwork approach: local communities collect used wheelchairs, volunteers move and ship them overseas, and then they are distributed in developing countries around the world. Be a part of the team that is changing lives!
We are currently in need of a wheelchair collection coordinator in Phoenix to perform various functions complementary to the Wheels for the World Program. Your purpose would be to coordinate volunteer drivers for pick up and drop off of mobility equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, etc).
Team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and a clean driving record .
- Schedule mobility pickups from donors; assign drivers from volunteer pool
- Oversee monthly donor reporting
- Issue receipts to donors
- Arrange for delivery and/or storage of donated hard-medical equipment
- Coordinate and utilize volunteer team
- Maintain a positive attitude and support overall objectives of Joni and Friends
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours/month
- Are you good with details?...
- Change the world one wheelchair...
- Join a wheelchair collection team!
- Do you have good penmanship and...
- Do you like encouraging others?...
- Disability Ministry Office...
- Interested in Grant Research?...
- Great at organizing an office?
- Computer savvy? Become an...
- Want to make a difference?...
- Do you like details? Become an...
- Do you like people and details?...