Heartland Hospice is seeking compassionate volunteers who are interested in providing companionship and emotional support to patients in the last hours of life.
Vigil volunteers are on-call volunteers. You will not have a regular patient to visit weekly (unless you want to). You will simply be on standby to visit with patients who are actively dying. The patients who need additional support typically have minimal family and friends present.
Vigil volunteers are not required to accept every opportunity presented. If you are out of town or busy, no problem! Vigil opportunities can happen often or they can happen every once in a while.
Simply knowing that there is the option available provides additional peace and comfort to families.
If you think vigil volunteering or any form of hospice volunteering may be right for you, contact us now!
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Make a lifelong impact-Volunteer...
- Volunteers needed in Suffolk,...
- Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Bereavement Program Volunteers...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed in...
- Vigil Volunteers for Hospice
- Hospice Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteers in Portsmouth
- Volunteer once per week in Norfolk
- Hospice Volunteers in...
- Hospice Friendly Visitor in...
- Suffolk Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Volunteer Once Per Week!
- Hair Stylist-Hospice
- Help those in need in Hospice!
- Medical Office Volunteering!
- Volunteer once a week in...
- Hospice Volunteering!
- Massage Therapy-Hospice
- Volunteer once per week!