Some hospice patients have no family or loved ones to be with them at the end of life. 11th Hour Volunteers are the "hand holders", "soft readers" or "quiet presence" for hospice patients in extended care facilities. This is a truly special opportunity.
This is an "on-call" assignment throughout the day and evening hours at nursing homes. Hospice patients are located in extended care facilities in St. Joseph, Marshall, Elkhart, Kosciusko, Starke, LaPorte, Fulton and LaGrange Counties in Northern Indiana.
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Training required. Apply first, then register for our free training.
- Bereavement Phone Callers
- Hospice House Patient Care...
- Tuck In Volunteers *NEEDED IN...
- We Honor Veterans
- Office Volunteers *NEEDED IN...
- *NEEDED* Patient Care Volunteer...
- Extended Care Facilities Volunteer
- 11th Hour Volunteers
- Special Events Volunteer
- Speciality/Professional Volunteers
- Life Story Volunteers
- Camp Evergreen Volunteers