The Boys Hope Girls Hope tutoring program helps to advance our scholars’ academic learning enabling them to realize their full intellectual potential.
We are seeking a tutor with proficiency in Chemistry. This position will be responsible for helping students develop knowledge, insight, problem-solving and critical thinking skills as related to the subject of Chemistry. This tutor should have the ability to be very patient and possess a sense of creativity in order to create an environment that inspires productive learning.
- Assist scholars in analyzing assignments and understanding class materials;
- Assist scholars in interpreting chemistry concepts;
- Assist scholars in interpreting and performing calculations;
- Assist scholars in the development of critical thinking skills;
- Assist scholars in the development of effective study habits and skills;
- Assist with other homework assignments as needed.
- An ideal level of proficiency would include coursework/experience at the college level or beyond.
- Tuesdays - 2:00p-3:00p
- Wednesdays - 3:00p-4:00p
- Thursdays - 3:00p-4:00p
North Star High School: 5801 N 33rd St, Lincoln, NE 68504
- Math / Science Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One Semester Is Preferred, But We Are Flexible
- Awesomeness Required!