Chinese Culture Center Ambassador
Engage visitors to our gallery in thoughtful conversations triggered by the contemporary art in our gallery and our location in San Francisco Chinatown.
Challenges to AddressThe Chinese Culture Center operates a gallery of edgy contemporary art that poses challenges to easy interpretation. While many visitors thoroughly enjoy the gallery, many have difficulty accessing meaning in contemporary art. Our gallery is relatively intimate, and so provide a great opportunity to enrich the visitor experience with a guided investigation into the meaning they can find in the art. Many visitors have only a superficial impression of Chinatown, yet this community offers so much in regard to American history and cultural diversity. So there is an opportunity to peel back the layers a bit, helping people to engage and value our community on a deeper and more inspiring level. Tasks:
- Welcome visitors to the gallery
- Assist visitors to find meaning in the art.
- Engage visitors in thoughtful conversations inspired by the art, or by the circumstances of the visit.
- Offer thoughtful introductions to Chinatown, enticing visitors to explore deeper meanings to be found in Chinatown's story.
- 6 to 10 hours training
- 3 hours per week engaging with visitors in the gallery.
- 12 week minimum
- Our highest need for Ambassadors is on Saturdays between 10 am and 4 pm. You can volunteer for any time period within 10 am to 4 pm.
- Volunteers are also welcome Tuesday thru Fridays from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Darin Ow-Wing, Director of Education & Engagement email@example.com
- Yelp SF "Chinese Culture Center: Chinatown Walking Tours
- Yelp SF "Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco"
- TripAdvisor SF "Chinese Culture Center"
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 hours per week
- Excellent listening and communication skills. Mandarin and/ or Cantonese speaking is a plus!
- Nonprofit General Management...
- Gallery & Art Program...
- Archives Intern/Volunteer
- Ambassador- Chinese Culture Center
- Communications & Marketing Intern
- Gallery and Alternative Art...
- Graphic Design Intern/Volunteer
- Editorial and Content Intern
- Administrative Intern
- Chinatown Docent
- Non-profit Development and...