Pacific Science Center is home to several living exhibits that feature plants, including our most popular attraction, The Tropical Butterfly House. While these exhibits may appear effortlessly natural, they are supported by an enthusiastic team of Horticulture Exhibit Volunteers. Volunteers care for plants, keep exhibits looking beautiful, record citizen science data, and share exhibit science content with museum guests.
Volunteer Shifts are from 8:30Am-12:30pm, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. Horticulture experience is not required - training is provided.
Pacific Science Center is an independent non-profit educational institution located in Seattle that ignites curiosity in every child and fuels a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us. We bring science to life. Our award-winning, interactive programs reach more than 1.1 million people each year - in their communities, classrooms, and on our campus.
- People Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are 8:30 am ? 12:30 pm, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Horticulture Exhibit Volunteer...
- Tinker Tank Facilitator...
- Lake Washington Watershed...
- Data Squad Volunteer
- Science Interpretation Program...
- What is Reality ? Volunteer...
- Guest Ambassador Station Volunteer
- Field Trip Ambassador Volunteer
- Join the Science Interpretation...
- Guest Ambassador Volunteer (18+)
- Development Donor Records...
- Polliwog Preschool Intern (Unpaid)
- Development Intern (Unpaid)