It’s a simple notion: people who are sick should not be without food. Yet every day people in our community with life-threatening illnesses find themselves unable to shop or cook - and, often, without the support network to help.
That’s where we come in. Open Arms of Minnesota cooks and delivers free, nutritious meals to people living with life-threatening and chronic illness in the Twin Cities.
With the help of more than 5,000 volunteers, we’ll deliver half a million delicious meals this year to people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), as well as their caregivers and dependents.
Becoming a volunteer is easy - sign up to attend an orientation at http://www.openarmsmn.org/new-volunteers/. - once you attend we’ll ask you to fill out a Volunteer Profile, then you will be all set to go!
Upcoming Training Dates:
Wednesday Oct 12th, 2016: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Friday, Oct 21, 2016: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Wednesday, Oct 26th, 2016: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Thursday, Nov 3rd, 2016: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday, Nov 9th, 2016: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Once you complete training, you can volunteer as frequently as you’d like. You’ll be able to easily schedule your shifts with our online Volunteer Hub, and you can try out several volunteer roles to find a good fit.
Shifts are available seven days a week, morning through evening, and are at least two hours long. Our minimum volunteer age is 16 unless otherwise noted.
Join us and make a profound difference for people in our community living with life-threatening illness, all while having fun and meeting others. We have a wide variety of opportunities and will work with you to find the perfect fit for your skills, interests and availability.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Intern at Open Arms of MN!
- Bring nourishment to those in...
- Get together & deliver support!
- Customer Experience Internship
- Be the Smiling Face at Open Arms...
- Deliver Meals to Those in Need!
- Client Services Internship
- Weekend Volunteers Needed for...
- Evening Food Prep and Packaging...
- Client Bag Decorating
- Tuesday 1-3pm Receptionist
- Evening Receptionist
- Represent Open Arms as our...
- Group Kitchen Opportunity
- Prepare Meals for Those in Need!
- Bring Delicious Meals to Those...
- Become a Volunteer and Prep...
- Looking for a meaningful and fun...
- Deliver Meals to Those in need...
- Volunteer in the Kitchen on...