It’s a simple notion: people who are sick should not be without food. Yet every day people in our community with life-threatening illnesses find themselves unable to shop or cook - and, often, without the support network to help.
That’s where we come in. Open Arms of Minnesota cooks and delivers free, nutritious meals to people living with life-threatening and chronic illness in the Twin Cities.
With the help of more than 5,000 volunteers, we’ll deliver half a million delicious meals this year to people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), as well as their caregivers and dependents.
Becoming a volunteer is easy - sign up to attend an orientation at http://www.openarmsmn.org/new-volunteers/. - once you attend we’ll ask you to fill out a Volunteer Profile, then you will be all set to go!
Once you complete training, you can volunteer as frequently as you’d like. You’ll be able to easily schedule your shifts with our online Volunteer Hub, and you can try out several volunteer roles to find a good fit.
We are open six days a week (Monday through Saturday), with volunteer opportunities available in the morning, afternoon and some evenings. Shifts last between an hour and a half to two hours long. Our minimum volunteer age is 6 on the farm and 8 in kitchen (with parent/guardian supervision) and anyone of any age can accompany a volunteer on delivery.
Join us and make a profound difference for people in our community living with life-threatening illness, all while having fun and meeting others. We have a wide variety of opportunities and will work with you to find the perfect fit for your skills, interests and availability.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Bring nourishment to those in...
- Get together & deliver support!
- Nonprofit Internship
- Be the Smiling Face at Open Arms...
- Deliver Meals to Those in Need!
- Group Kitchen Opportunity
- Prepare Meals for Those in Need!
- Bring Delicious Meals to Those...
- Become a Volunteer and Prep...
- Looking for a meaningful and fun...
- Deliver Meals to Those in need...
- Bring Nourishment to Those in...
- Team Meal Delivery Opportunity
- Family Delivery Opportunity