Under Mentorship Lead, the mentor will play a crucial role in supporting the positive growth of the girls.
- Take a lead in supporting a girl’s interest in tech through ongoing relationship building.
- Serves as a role model and friend.
- Build relationships with your mentee by planning, participating in and supporting monthly meetings.
- Help set goals and work towards accomplishing them.
- Build youth self-efficacy, motivation, and sense of belonging.
- Educational or Occupational experience in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Background verification; $50 out of pocket expense from each Mentor.
- Attend mentor training
- Willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Willing to complete application and screening process
- Listening and motivational skills
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting time commitments
- Face-to-face monthly meetings with the mentee for 6 months.
- 3-4 hours/week, documentation of activities and program progress communication with mentorship lead, availability to attend chapter sponsored mentee events and optional group events.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Math / Science Instruction
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 months; 3-4hrs/week; Monthly meets with mentee
- Background verification cost contribution: $50 each mentor