HOLA provides underserved youth with exceptional programs in academics, arts, and athletics within a nurturing environment, empowering them to develop their potential, pursue their education and strengthen their communities.
Writing/photography volunteer opportunity
- 4 story assignments will be available for writers/photojournalists to choose every Monday (at 3pm) in HOLA's Communications office
- Each assignment will require at least 3 (high quality) photographs to accompany a story. Either the writer can take these or a photographer will be assigned.
- HOLA's Communications office will direct contributors to the proper location and people involved in the story.
- That week, between the hours of 3pm - 6:30pm, writers/photojournalists can visit their subjects (student, teacher, mentor, class, etc), conduct an interview,and take a few pictures.
- Assignments will vary in terms of word count and "depth". Some may only need photos with a small blurb, others will be more extensive and require more time. These details will be included in the assignment description so the writer/photojournalist can make a better choice.
- Social media-ing is encouraged, while on HOLA's campus (Twitter @Heartofla, Instagram @heartoflosangeles, and Facebook: Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA)
- Articles will be due every Thursday (at 5pm), that same week. Edits will be made by HOLA's Communications office and may post that next week on heartofla.org, others may be saved for a later date depending on relevancy.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18