Match your skills with Salvadoran businesses that need your insight. We brief you on the pre-selected business owners we are assisting, and what you can accomplish by working with them virtually and at their place of business.Make an impact. Help talented entrepreneurs in El Salvador strengthen and grow their businesses to provide more jobs for troubled communities. Volunteer. Provide your skills as a volunteer mentor and pro bono consultant. Bpeace pays for your 4-star Salvadoran hotel; you pay for your airfare.
Leave the logistics to us. Bpeace HQ in New York and our staff in Central America facilitate your volunteer engagement from start to finish.
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!Put your social media marketing experience to work changing lives.
The award-winning nonprofit Bpeace seeks an experienced social media marketing expert with at least five years’ experience to TRAVEL to El Salvador to work with a group of small and growing businesses. The firms are participants in Bpeace’s18-month enterprise development program. The expert will conduct a half day workshop introducing social media marketing techniques to 20 business owners and take the lead in creating the content for the workshop. In addition, the expert will conduct one-on-one consulting meetings with five to 10 Fast Runner firms helping each business to develop tailored social media marketing plans.
What you will be doing
- Travel to El Salvador for one week.
- Prepare content for the workshop in collaboration with members of the Bpeace team in Central America.
- Discovery. Prior to trip, review background information on each Fast Runner firm to learn more about their needs and opportunities for social media marketing.
- Consult. In El Salvador facilitate a half day workshop and meet for two to three hours in one-on-one consulting sessions with approximately 10 Fast Runner firms.
About the Businesses
The small and growing businesses in the Bpeace program have been in operation for two to 20 years, with 10+ employees, with annual revenue between US$100,000 and $2 million, and operating in diverse industries including manufacturing, food processing, technology and other services. Each firm was selected through a competitive process to participate in the Bpeace program based on their appetite and capacity for growth.
Where and When
- Start working virtually with Bpeace team to create workshop content.
- Travel to El Salvador for one week in Q4 2016 or Q1 2017. Dates are flexible.
- Estimated work time: one week prep over a period of one to two months, five days in El Salvador and approximately two hours a month post-trip for up to six months for virtual follow up consulting.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 5+ years of experience in social media marketing.
- Experience with social media analytics, SEO, video, mobile marketing and content curation preffered.
- Experience with small and medium businesses preferred.
- Proven level of cultural competence; experience working in the developing world preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills. Sense of humor.
- Flexibility; able to work where there is ambiguity and uncertainty.
If you are interested in this position or would like additional information, please contact Alexandra Salas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 days prep, one week traveling to El Salvador