Do you love working with kids? Do you want to help youth who have experienced homelessness excel in school and in life?
Emma's Place provides homes for 13 families with 3 or more children. This means that we have about 65 children living at Emma's Place. Please help us by sharing your skills, knowledge and passion with our kids.
Please help our children become stronger learners by providing academic support. This might include tutoring, skill building, homework help, and reading together.
We are looking for tutors to help with our after school programming for our K-5th Grade age group or our 6-12th Grade age group. Tutoring will take place one-on-one with students.
The K-5 group meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-5:30, and the 6-12th group meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at the same time.
Stability is important for these students, so we ask that volunteers commit to working at least once a week for the full semester and/or academic school year.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Twice a week for at least one semester
- Monthly Front Desk Help Needed...
- Pet Therapy Volunteer for...
- Welcome Basket Provider for...
- Tutor Adults to Help them Earn...
- Fun Hosts Wanted!
- Help Needed for After-School...
- Front Desk Help Needed by...
- Kitchen Deep Clean
- Tutors Needed for Kids...
- Help serve food to homeless women
- Zumba Instructor for women...
- Enrichment Programming