Urban Neighborhood Initiatives works within works with communities in urban neighborhoods to build safe and thriving environments where people want to live, work, and play. We believe that healthy neighborhoods are the basic building blocks of a successful city. Accordingly, UNI concentrates on one neighborhood at a time as it builds an inclusive, collaborative template for a given community's renewal.
We are looking for talented, driven individuals with excellent written and verbal communication skills to support our public relations team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing UNI’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Contribute content for UNI’s website and designing graphics as needed
- Attending and assisting with media needs at various community events
- Assist in creating press releases and blog posts about UNI’s work
- Pitch story ideas to print, broadcast, and digital media
- Assist in planning events
- Aid in volunteer management
- Assisting with other administrative duties as assigned
- Copy editing and proofreading
- Media outreach
- Media research
- Creation and implementation of production schedules
- Assisting with other administrative duties as assigned.
- Public Relations, Communications, Writing or Marketing majors strongly preferred, but students of all education levels and areas of study will be considered.
- Previous experience in social media management and professional writing are preferred
- Ability to be on site in our office during Fall 2016
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to handle information in a confidential, objective and professional manner
Duration: 10-15 hours of week, 10-15 Weeks
- Students interested in applying should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to C.J. DeMille at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours of week, 10-15 Weeks