Get hooked! Teach James how to fish!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where10991 Memphis AveCleveland, OH 44144
James has a passion for fishing and would love to learn how to fish.
We all want to belong yet people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) have less opportunities for social interaction and can feel more isolated. Bridge the gap and help people with I/DD find a place in their community.
Volunteers are matched with a person with I/DD and attend outings based on common interests- - like fishing! Groups keep the cost to $10-$15 per outing. Providing a ride for the person you are matched with is one more way you can be of service.
When: Evenings or weekends. Three to four hours once a month for a one year commitment. Many of our volunteers have enjoyed the friendships they’ve made and have continued volunteering long beyond that first year.
Where: In the community where you live.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year.
- Do you have time to spare? Be a...
- Photography Volunteer - Focus on...
- Field Trip Volunteer - Get out...
- Library Club Volunteer
- Be a Friend to Someone with...
- Join our Breakfast Club
- Get fit! Have fun! Jazz it up...
- Next Chapter Book Club Volunteer...
- Just do it! Health Matters!
- Get hooked! Teach James how to...
- Help us help other at our food...
- Out to Lunch - the best...