The Communications Intern will promote the organization’s work and image locally and internationally, as well as working alongside each program’s coordinator to facilitate and promote their hard work and successes.
The responsibilities consist of:
- Updating LMDC social networks and profiels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) daily with information about LMDC, Guatemala, events, and educational activities.
- Composing and sending the newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Updating the website.
- Networking with publications and organizations both diverse and similar in and outside of Guatemala.
- Helping the organization and promotion of fundraising events.
- Helping develop and execute new programs and projects.
Requirements for the position
- High communication and interpersonal skills both in Spanish and English;
- A positive, responsible and independent work attitude towards work with a good level of computer knowledge;
- Studies, affiliation, or just a burning desire to immerse oneself in communication, journalism, marketing, business, public administration, non-profit management;
- Shows dedication, support and enthusiasm for LMdC’s goals and programs
- Happy to support oneself financially for the duration of the internship
Las Manos de Christine does not offer any stipend or monetary compensation for this position, nor any help towards accommodation. However, what we can offer is a wealth of opportunities and benefits:
- An experience gaining opportunity to work for the benefit of Guatemalan children
- The chance to work with a stimulating team with room for growth
- Training, advice, and highly coveted experience
- A supervisor who will guide, monitor progress, help with development of work plan/internship goals and review goals, while also giving freedom and artistic license to a degree
- Excellent letters of recommendation.
Application - Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include "Communications Intern" in the subject field.
The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled
- Resource Development / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment