The Muscular Dystrophy Association is looking for reliable and enthusiastic volunteers to help support Team Momentum, MDA’s charity team that is participating in the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon in Chicago, IL. Opportunities span across Saturday, October 8 to Sunday, October 9.
1. MDA TEAM MOMENTUM INSPIRATION DINNER
As a Team Momentum amenity, we offer our participants and their families an inspiring team dinner to celebrate their accomplishments. We are looking for volunteers to assist in set up, tear down, event logistics and activities.
- Date and Time: Saturday, Oct. 8 from 3:30pm to 8:30pm
- Location: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North, 350 West Mart Center Drive, Chicago, IL 60654 - Sauganash Ballroom (14th Floor)
2. RACE DAY CHEER STATIONS
Be part of the excitement that is the Chicago Marathon by being part of an official Team Momentum Cheer Team! You will be along the Chicago Marathon course and cheer on the Team Momentum participants as they go by! MDA will provide cheer signs and cowbells.
- Date and Time: Sunday, October 9 from 6:30am to 1pm (subject to change based off of cheer station location within the race course)
- Location: TBD along race course
3. RACE DAY PRE/POST AREA
Assist MDA as we send our participants off to the start line of the Chicago Marathon and/or be part of the post-race festivities that we will have for them and their families!
- Date and Time: Sunday, October 9. Pre-race shift will begin VERY early at 4:30am. Once participants have been sent off, volunteers will get the post-race area ready for finishers. The second shift group will manage the post-race hospitality and assist with clean up.
- Sunday, October 9 from 4:30am to 9:30am
- Sunday, October 9 from 12pm to 4pm
- Location: Lakeshore Sport and Fitness, 211 N. Stetson, Chicago, IL 60601
Please join us and support MDA Team Momentum. It will be a rewarding experience and we’d surely appreciate your help!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Please commit at least a 4 hr. shift