Volunteer as an Office Assistant!
As a volunteer office assistant, you will help I Know I Can with day-to-day administrative tasks and assist Columbus City Schools students. This volunteer position provides valuable professional experience for students and anyone with a passion for higher education access. Volunteers are highly valued members of the IKIC team and contribute to making a significant difference in IKIC’s ability to inspire, enable, and support CCS students in pursuing and completing a college degree! IKIC will provide reference letters for volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
Description of Duties
- Greet visitors, handle incoming phone calls on multi-line phone system, provide prompt responses and forwarding to appropriate staff member where necessary
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, fax, scanning, and mailing
- Assist with data entry and database search projects
- Provide information about IKIC programs and funding to students
- Assist with preparation of special projects, events, or workshops as necessary
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of students and families
Previous office experience is a plus but not required - we’ll train you! You should have good interpersonal skills, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook), and be punctual and courteous.
As an office assistant, you will volunteer for 1-2 days per week during office hours (Monday through Friday from 9-5 p.m.) at the I Know I Can office. You can volunteer for a full work day or just a couple hours - we’ll work with your schedule!
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per week