Emma's Place in Maplewood seeks to combat poverty by providing housing and supportive services to families with 3 or more children who have experienced the scourge of homelessness.
One of the supportive services that we offer is afterschool programming each Monday and Wednesday from 3:30-6pm. Our staff tend to get very busy during these hours, and so we are looking for someone to cover the front desk during these hours.
Resonsibilites include answering the phone, taking messages, and various simple administrative tasks like making copies. A short training session will be provided.
A volunteer in this position will get to interact with women and children from very diverse backgrounds and be an important part of providing vital services to this vulnerable population.
If Mondays and Wednesdays do not work for you, we also need a little bit of front desk help Tuesdays and Thursdays during the same hours. Please be able to commit to coming in at least once a week for one semester.
Please let us know if you are interested! We look forward to hearing from you!
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
- Child Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1x/week for 1 semester (4 months)
- Welcome Basket Provider for Women
- Help Needed for After-School...
- Academic Help K-2, 3-5
- Kitchen Deep Clean
- Help serve food to homeless women
- Donation Drive for Women and...
- Enrichment Programming
- Monthly Front Desk Help Needed...
- Pet Therapy Volunteer for...
- Welcome Basket Provider for...
- Teach a Skill or Class
- Tutor Adults to Help them Earn...
- Fun Hosts Wanted!
- Front Desk Help Needed by...
- Tutors Needed for Kids...
- Zumba Instructor for women...
- Room Renovations