Marillac St. Vincent staff is seeking 40 volunteers to assist with our Annual Beacon of Hope fundraising event on Friday, October 14, 2016 at the Union League of Chicago (65 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago). The event features lunch, keynote speakers, and a paddle raise for attendees. This is a great opportunity to complete community service hours!
Marillac St. Vincent Family Services has been working to end the cycle of poverty and violence in the city of Chicago for over 100 years. Sponsored by the Daughters of Charity, we provide quality child care, early childhood education, after-school programs, support for pregnant teens, comprehensive services for isolated seniors, and outreach to at-risk families and individuals.
- Volunteer responsibilities for the Beacon of Hope include:
- Greet guests as they arrive and direct attendees to their assigned lunch table.
- Several volunteers will assist with checking in anyone who hasn’t already paid for their ticket.
- Paddle spotters - during our Paddle Raiser, all volunteers will serve to direct the emcee to tables who are raising their paddle and will also be charged with collecting the bidders paddle afterward.
- Dress: We ask that everyone wears black bottoms (t-shirts will be provided), no jeans and tennis shoes per the dress code at Union League.
- Volunteers arrive at 10:30 a.m.
- Volunteers will eat lunch between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Volunteers leave at 2:30 p.m. at the very latest
If you are interested in joining us as a volunteer, please contact LaDeshia Maxwell at LaDeshia.Maxwell@marillacstvincent.org or call (312)943-6776 Ext. 2273.
Thank you again for considering volunteering and supporting of the mission of Marillac St. Vincent Family Services!
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours