HR Specialist Intern
HR-Specialist Intern (non-paid)
General Statement of Duties
Under general direction and accordance to policies and procedures, performs clerical and non-clerical functions, assisting the Human Resources Specialist in recruiting, orientation, record keeping, maintaining compliance with all applicable federal and state rules and regulations, employee activities and employee relation issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating Reports
- Entering information into Payroll System
- Assisting colleagues with payroll related issues
- Some recruitment and outreach
- New hire onboarding
- Assist with new hire orientations
- Assists with maintaining personnel files
Must be available at least 12 hours per week, preferably two 6-hour days.
Skills & Abilities
Proficient computer skills must have- Word, Excel
Good communication skills
Interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of employee
Education, Training, & Experience
Currently enrolled at an accredited university working on a Master's degree in Human Resources (or pursuing Bachelor's Degree in HR will also be considered)
Experience with working with the public
Supervisor: Perform duties under supervision of HR Specialist
For consideration: Please submit your resume (cover letter optional) to email@example.com.
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Focus: HOPE event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0168gvJQViz
2. Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed), select the desired Volunteers and click on the "Submit Service Project Application" button.
Event Registration Code: vJQViz
Thank you for your interest in gaining hands on experience with Focus: HOPE. If you feel like you qualify base on the information provided, please do not forget to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Once your resume has been received, it will be shared with the HR department for review and next steps.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call at 313-494-4407 or email at email@example.com.
Best wishes on your future endeavors!
Coordinator of Volunteer Services
- Data Entry
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours per week
- Word and Excel knowledge, Customer Service Oriented, Flexible
- Help Focus: HOPE Students Find...
- Security volunteers for...
- HR Specialist Intern
- Floaters- volunteers for...
- Stage Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- Driver's Responsibility Fees-...
- Student Services- Clerical...
- Basic Math Tutor
- Set-Up Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- Clean up Crew for Eleanor's Walk...
- HR-Generalist Assistant
- Marshals (walker leaders) -- for...
- Water Stop Attendant for...
- Celebrating Social...
- Entertainment crew for Eleanor's...
- Publicity/Photography/ Social...
- Secure the Children's Activity...
- Entertainment Support (Be a Band...
- Volunteer Office Assistant for...
- Parking & Barricade volunteers...