The volunteer Manager of Community Outreach is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an exemplary volunteer program to provide a workforce through the use of corporate, community and individual volunteers.
The position's goal is to significantly scale up volunteer leverage enabling Gemma's Angels to fulfill its mission. This position's success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to increasing the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables for at-risk children.
This position seeks out opportunities for Gemma's Angels to table at community fairs, festivals, health fairs or other public events. The objective is to raise awareness of Gemma's Angels dual mission:
- Provide fresh fruits and vegetables to homeless shelters, soup kitchens and food banks in Dauphin and Lebanon Counties, and
- Encourage at-risk children and families to engage in healthy lifestyles including consuming fresh fruits and vegetables and to become educated in sustainable living.
- We purchase produce from local sources and collect fresh produce from local donor gardeners. We distribute the produce free of charge to soup kitchens, shelters and food banks.
- We also operate an All-Kids Mobile Farmer's Market where school-age children can pick and choose their own produce to take home to supplement weekend feeding programs with an added educational component.
The Manager of Community Outreach is responsible for scheduling of volunteers, setting up and planning for the event and scheduling the use of the mobile food market for display and coordinating the appearances of our mascot, Farmer Andy.
The volunteer job can be shared with more than one person.
Call Mike Macchioni direct at 717 686 7503 about this opportunity.
- Child Welfare
- Event Design & Planning
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours per week.
- This position can be split between two volunteers.