The mission of Turn-A-Frown Around (TAFA) Foundation, Inc. is to end loneliness, one Forever Friendship at a time. TAFA recognizes that friendships promote health, wellness, and add to an improved quality of life, especially for those needing long term care. This problem is too major, but the solution is too simple to ignore.
TAFA is looking for a Director of Program Development who will report to and work side by side with the Management Committee; act as the head of the Recruitment Team and Program Specialist Team which guides volunteers to successfully visiting or becoming new talent; collaborate with other directors, volunteers, and facilities to make sure visits happen to end loneliness. This role is aim to have our process quicker, smoother, and to handle influxes of volunteer interest while fostering lasting relationships.
*This is a virtual, stipend available, volunteer position with no required travel possibly.
- Partner with other functional directors on issues pertinent to leadership, organizational effectiveness, and change management.
- Identify and evaluate program initiatives to assure TAFA meets goals.
- Design, create, and facilitate development strategies and effective strategic planning methods that result in positive program changes.
- Develop and implement appropriate interventions for program performance improvement.
- Participate in Management meetings as a way to leverage best practices for TAFA.
- Organize and conduct team meetings and team-building exercises, supervise volunteers and help create project timelines and deadlines.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources or other related field.
- Experience in organizational development and/or change management in start-ups or small organizations.
- Team management and leadership experience is required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a solutions based orientation and proven ability to execute independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills; ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Strong proposal and report writing and presentation skills.
- Volunteer recruiting and onboarding experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- Google (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.)
- Skype (Screen Share)
TAFA VALUES: TAFA looks for individuals with a sense of confident responsibility, achievement orientation, and strong ethics. Someone can excel as a volunteer when they bring in community involvement, innovate current systems/processes, and find a passion to motivate and drive us to succeed in the mission of ending loneliness. We are interested in growth, development, and, most importantly, creating a movement of caring across the United States and onward. Teamwork can be an integral aspect of the volunteering when virtual communication between volunteers occurs. We seek people who are up for the challenge of ending loneliness by being flexible, autonomous, and driven toward making the world a better place.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note: volunteers/interns in TAFA are required to be at least 18 years old.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application to email@example.com.
- Subject format: TAFA Director of Program Specialist - VolunteerMatch - Your Name.
- Required material: an updated resume, doc or pdf.
- Optional material: a cover letter, doc or pdf.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training