October is breast cancer awareness month...
Although we care about breast cancer and help people year round, we are asked to be several places during breast cancer awareness month and need your help to meet the needs of our community.
We are going to be downtown, snellville, doraville, dunwoody, tucker, austell, jonesboro, and virtual. If something sparks your interest or if you just want to be in the office answering phones and working on some others things you want to catch up on- we need help in the office too. Please help!
- Brighton Collectibles Store Visit in Snellville 12:30 to 2:30pm- Talk about IWS/brochures (Oct.1)
- Oct 2- Bu Hi Half Marathon/Walk - Sunday, 7:00am www.buhirun.com (10 volunteers)
- Oct. 8 Living Foods Institute Health Workshop 1-6pm (3 Volunteers)
- Oct. 11- FDHA Health Summit 8:00am
- Doraville vs. Dunwoody Softball Game- Doraville wins - proceeds to IWS Oct. 13
- Oct. 18- Breast Cancer Event at Austell Parkland Independent Facility/ Vendors and Fun (5 Volunteers at 1:30pm- 4:00pm)
- Oct. 19 - Georgia State University (Tabling- breast cancer awareness)- not confirmed
- Oct. 19- Doraville Health Fair/ Biometrics (10am - 2pm) (6 volunteers)
- Oct. 20- Georgia State University (Q&A with breast cancer survivors)
- Oct. 22 - Shiloh High School - Vendor and Guest Speaker / POC: Jaleesa Grier (Peach State Health Plan) (10 volunteers)
- Oct. 22- Northlake Mall Vendor ( 1:00-4:00pm) Pillars of Strength Event / POC: Darius Morris (4 volunteers)
- Oct. 25- United Way Annual Board Recruitment Fair (2 volunteers)
- Oct. 27 (Fulton County Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Event)
- Oct. 28 (Stone Mountain Health Informational Workshop 1:00-2:30pm) 4 volunteers
- Oct. 29 - Brighton Collectibles Store Visit in Snellville 12:30 to 2:30pm- Talk about IWS/brochures (Oct.29)
Please complete an IWS Volunteer Application here: : http://bit.ly/IWSVolunteerApplication
Someone will reach back out to you momentarilly.
Thank you for suporting the communities in which we serve!
- Team Survive
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours minimum per volunteer needed
- Smile, Punctuality, Customer Service, Professionalism