Do you like reading, playing cards or reminiscing?
8 people are interested
Are you looking for ways to make meaningful connections and make a difference while staying close to home? Fairview Hospice volunteers are looking for volunteers to help support patients and families who are in our hospice program. We currently have volunteer opportunities in and around Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City, Wyoming, Forest Lake, North Branch, Rush City and Pine City.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO OFFER SUPPORT SUCH AS:
- Caregiver relief
- Read, write letters
- Assist with interviewing and transcribing patients' life legacy project
- Engage in patients' hobbies and interests
- Hand massage
- Play music or sing
- Veteran to Veteran support
- 11th hour (End of life) support
- Visit with a certified or registered therapy dog
- provide comfort with integrative therapies (Reiki, healing touch, energy work, hand massage)
- Administrative support
- Check in Calls
To learn more about joining our team of hospice volunteers visit our website at http://www.fairview.org/Hospicevolunteer
or call 612-728-4042 to speak to a member of the volunteer department.
We'll work with your schedule.
11725 Stinson AveChisago City, MN 55013
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week, 2-4 times a month
- Health screening provided by Fairview