Norwood Crossing, a nonprofit 501c3 senior residential facility located on Chicago’s far northwest side needs friendly volunteers to help transport residents to and from their beauty shop appointments in a timely manner. The beauty shop is located within Norwood Crossing’s Wellness Center. Our residents are most appreciative of volunteers who help in this capacity as it is a nice time to socialize and spend time with them. Many volunteers and residents form friendships which enhance the lives of both.
Benefits of your commitment:
- You will make a difference in the lives of our senior residents
- Have fun and make friends with residents, staff, & volunteers
- Have a free lunch in the employee lunchroom
- 25% off eligible merchandise in the Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop
Frequency of Volunteer Commitment:
- Every Wednesday morning for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Obtain a list of appointments from the beauty shop employees.
- Able to safely transport residents in their wheelchairs (training provided)
- Able to commit to being here on time every week for the full two hours.
- Advance notice of absences is most helpful to the rest of the team of volunteers.
- Interpersonal flexibility required working with other volunteers, staff and residents.
- Must support the goal of nor?VOL?ution and Norwood Life Society to enrich the lives of members of our community including the seniors we serve, our volunteers, the staff, and the community at large.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours per week
- Able to push residents in wheelchairs, friendly, patient, cares about the elderly.