Norwood Crossing, a nonprofit 501c3 senior residential facility located on Chicago’s far northwest side needs friendly volunteers to help transport residents to and from their beauty shop appointments in a timely manner. The beauty shop is located within Norwood Crossing’s Wellness Center. Our residents are most appreciative of volunteers who help in this capacity as it is a nice time to socialize and spend time with them. Many volunteers and residents form friendships which enhance the lives of both.
Benefits of your commitment:
- You will make a difference in the lives of our senior residents
- Have fun and make friends with residents, staff, & volunteers
- Have a free lunch in the employee lunchroom
- 25% off eligible merchandise in the Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop
Frequency of Volunteer Commitment:
- Every Wednesday morning for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Obtain a list of appointments from the beauty shop employees.
- Able to safely transport residents in their wheelchairs (training provided)
- Able to commit to being here on time every week for the full two hours.
- Advance notice of absences is most helpful to the rest of the team of volunteers.
- Interpersonal flexibility required working with other volunteers, staff and residents.
- Must support the goal of nor∙VOL∙ution and Norwood Life Society to enrich the lives of members of our community including the seniors we serve, our volunteers, the staff, and the community at large.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours per week
- Able to push residents in wheelchairs, friendly, patient, cares about the elderly.