Norwood Crossing, a nonprofit 501c3 senior residential facility located on Chicago’s far northwest side needs friendly volunteers to help transport residents to and from Sit & Fit classes in a timely manner to Norwood Crossing’s Wellness Center. Our residents are most appreciative of volunteers who help in this capacity. Volunteers may also participate with residents to encourage them with the exercises.
Benefits of your commitment:
- You will make a difference in the lives of our senior residents
- Have fun and make friends with residents, staff, & volunteers
- Have a free lunch in the employee lunchroom
- 25% off eligible merchandise in the Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop
Frequency of Volunteer Commitment:
Volunteers may sign up to help once a week. Orientation and training provided. We need assistance every Tuesday and Thursday morning for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours - 10:30 to noon.
- Obtain a list of Sit & Fit attendees from Fitness Instructor.
- Able to safely transport residents in their wheelchairs (training provided)
- Able to commit to being here on time every week for the full two hours.
- Advance notice of absences is most helpful to the rest of the team of volunteers.
- Interpersonal flexibility required working with other volunteers, staff and residents.
- Must support the goal of nor∙VOL∙ution and Norwood Life Society to enrich the lives of members of our community including the seniors we serve, our volunteers, the staff, and the community at large.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours per week
- Able to push residents in wheelchairs, friendly, patient, cares about the elderly.