The Fund Developer is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Bravo Foundation’s fundraising including, planned giving, and special events . The Developer works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of the Bravo Foundation
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to build external relationships.
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Bravo Foundation with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
E-mail resume to Jami Polk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a week
- Great communication skills, dedicated, outgoing personality, only serious reply