The City of Sacramento Department of Economic Development has developed an internship program to provide college students with an opportunity to learn more about the public sector, marketing and communications to develop their professional skills. The role of the Web & Digital Marketing Intern is to be a part of the Economic Development Department and SEED Corporation Team to enhance and learn new skills in marketing, website management, social media and communications.
Potential Intern Projects:
- Copy-edit/proof articles. Create compelling titles and summaries.
- Select and edit compelling images.
- Post articles and images in content management system.
- Assist in the development and implementation of digital marketing plans for all online communications, including social media and e-newsletters.
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college/university.
- Web and social media savvy, with a keen awareness of the latest digital tools, platforms, etc.
- Outgoing, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Working knowledge of HTML and content management systems preferred.
- Experience with Photoshop; Familiarity with video editing software and additional Adobe CS applications is a plus.
- Strong experience writing and editing, preferably for the Web.
- Ability to accurately proofread for grammar and punctuation, craft intriguing headlines, and summarize content is essential.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize time and workload.
- Applicant must have outstanding leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
* All interns are encouraged to share ideas and actively participate in initiatives, and will assist in the overall Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations Strategy for the SEED Corporation.
- Fall Semester with the potential for extension
- 15-30 hours per week
Veronica Smith, Senior Project Manager
Apply online: http://bttr.im/xbypl
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 15-30 hours per week, one semester with potential
- Enrolled in college or university, web and social media savvy, knowledge of latest digital tools
- Tour Guide
- Land Park Volunteer Corps
- Gardening Volunteers
- City Parks Beautification
- River Cats Independence Field -...
- Sacramento Police Department
- Historic City Cemetery - ADOPT A...
- Sacramento Convention and...
- McKinley Rose Garden Stewards
- Office Assistant - 4th R Program
- Concerts, Park Days, Movies, and...
- Web and Digital Marketing...