IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE AT http://www.hmi.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Purpose: Assist with outreach and coaching for The Basketball Program for SNL. The youth will participate in basketball related activities and compete in tournaments in-house and in SNL sponsored tournaments outside of HMI.
Location: Location varied - there is an outreach component to this volunteer position.
- The volunteer would be responsible for managing the youth in the space and keeping the youth engaged.
- Saturdays the youth will be brought back to HMI to see the rest of the night through with other offered activities, tutoring and/or food.
- The volunteer will assist in the escorting of the youth back to the site and of course adhere to the practices and safety protocols of HMI.
- The volunteer would also be asked to conduct some outreach efforts, such as handing out promotional flyers and reaching out to youth within neighboring communities and schools.
Time Commitment: Wednesday, Thursday: 4-8PM and/or Saturday:1-8PM
- Knowledge of LGBTQ youth
- knowledge about basketball
- preferably experience in community outreach
- must have a willingness to learn outreach strategies/skills
Certifications/licenses required: NONE
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25