Neighborhood House exists to help diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, health, financial independence and community building.
Neighborhood House's Human Resources team serves over 200 employees, performing all HR functions, providing support and guidance to all levels of management and staff. Our duties include but are not limited to recruiting, staff training and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, safety and workers compensation, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), wellness program, performance management, policies and procedures, and more.
The HR Associate will work closely with the HR Manager and other HR team members on a number of projects including, but not limited to file organization, record maintenance and auditing, assisting with staff training set-up, coordination and research.
This volunteer opportunity is a great opportunity to gain insight into how we function, learn the basics and get a hands-on experience in the field of human resources as well as helping us serve those who serve our clients, in support of the agency's mission. This opportunity is unpaid and is not eligible for benefits.
- Assist with general HR administrative and organization tasks
- HR record maintenance and auditing
- Provide support in training set-up, coordination and reports
- Survey data-entry, generation and reporting
- Provide support in recruitment
- Assist with research on HR projects
- Have desire to learn about the field of Human Resources and desire to serve others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Good computer skill with knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of social media would be a plus.
- Must pass Neighborhood House's background check requirement.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 6-12 months
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Employment, Education Outreach...
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor- Seattle
- Front Desk Help Needed!...
- ESL Tutor (Renton)
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- ESL Instructor (West Seattle)
- Opportunity to tutor an adult...
- Short Term Human Resources...
- Human Resources Assistant
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor - Kent