As a facilitator, you will be assisting in our group activities and providing support to children/teens/young adults and/or their caregivers who are grieving the death of a loved one. A facilitator has many characteristics, but the most noticeable attribute is empathetic listening. The role of the volunteer facilitator is to provide a safe, caring and sharing environment where grieving children can express themselves through words, art, drama, writing or physical play. Support groups are intended for children, teens, young adults, and adults to express their emotions and mourn with other people experiencing a similar loss. Support groups do not consist of counseling or therapy, and our objective is not to "fix" children or their families.
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month, 3 hours
- TB and Drug test, 6 month commitment
- Mesquite Caregiver Relief...
- Colleyville Caregiver Relief...
- Irving Caregiver Relief Volunteer
- Video Volunteer
- Garland Patient Companion...
- Frisco Patient Companion Volunteer
- Rowlett Caregiver Relief Volunteer
- Garland Caregiver Relief Volunteer
- South Oak Cliff Patient Companion
- Faith Kids Volunteer Bereavement...
- McKinney Caregiver Relief...
- Memory Bear Volunteer
- Colleyville Patient Companion...
- Irving Patient Companion Volunteer
- Greeter/Reception Volunteer
- Allen Patient Companion Volunteer
- White Rock Lake Patient...
- Coppell Patient Companion...
- Frisco Caregiver Relief Volunteer
- Mesquite Patient Companion...