Help our visiting groups make memories to last a lifetime! Provide the initial welcome to school and youth group field trips by greeting them and supplying information to make their experience run smoothly.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Welcome groups with an orientation message covering rules and information for a great visit.
- Support chaperones with gathering groups, stowing lunches, and preparing for their class and/or exhibit exploration.
- Clean and stow lunch bins for the next day’s operations
- Support educators to setup/clean up class materials
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Commit to a minimum of 8 hours of service per month for a minimum of 6 months. Shifts available weekdays between 8:30am and 2:00pm.
- Be able to attend required one-day Volunteer Orientation and Training on one of the following dates:
- Sunday, February 11, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, April 7, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday, June 7, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, August 5, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 8, 2018, 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Have a fun and rewarding experience as a part of the Butterfly Pavilion team!
- Explore your interests, and learn about our invertebrate animals, their habitats, and their importance in the global environment.
- Receive quality training, ongoing support, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
- Receive invitations to engage with fellow staff and volunteers through Butterfly Pavilion meetings, social events, volunteer appreciation dinners, field trips, and more!
- Core Volunteers receive free admission to Butterfly Pavilion, annual guest passes for friends and family, and discounts on memberships, programs, and in our Gift Shop.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE & APPLY:
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected.***
- General Education
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Friendliness, patience and a love for children!