Remember the fun you had on field trips when you were a kid? They were some of the very best days of the school year - a chance to have fun and learn in a whole new way! Field trips are a special audience of our at Butterfly Pavilion, and our Education team's efforts to manage the logistics that go along with them is instrumental to their positive experience.
Field trip greeting is a great opportunity for retired teachers or anyone who enjoys working with kids. This voluneter role involves:
- Committing to one weekday shift per week, from 8 AM-1:30 PM
- Standing for the majority of the shift, often outdoors
- Being flexible and able to adapt to changing schedules and groups' needs
- Working with Chaperones and excited groups of children of all ages!
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please fill out an application here:
** Please note that all volunteers must complete application, interview and pass a criminal background check before being selected for the volunteer program. Not all applicants will be selected. **
- General Education
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One weekday shift per week, 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Friendliness, patience and a love for children!