Centsible Spending’s Volunteer Job Descriptions Draft:
Original Vinita: Current Hours 9am-5pm M-F (hoping to add Saturday’s 9am-5pm ASAP)
Vinita Apparel, etc.: Current Hours 9am-5pm M-F (hoping to add Saturday’s 9am-5pm ASAP)
Vinita Last Chance/Donation Center 9am-5pm M-F
Claremore: 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday and 9am-9pm for Food Truck Thursday’s (Last Thursday of the Month through October)
Pryor: 10am-5pm M-F (hoping to add Saturday’s 10am-5pm ASAP)
Miami: 9am-5pm M-F (hoping to add Saturday’s 9am-5pm ASAP)
- Sort Donations - Volunteers will work alongside staff and clients on sorting items such as cloths, home décor, seasonal items and more. Looking for quality gently, used items to place on our sales floor, at each location.
- Hang Clothes - Volunteers will work alongside staff and clients to hang quality clothing within season to prepare for the sales floor for merchandising. (Clients and staff will price)
- Clean Home Décor, Housewares, Misc. - Volunteers will work alongside staff and clients to clean gently used items for home décor, housewares and misc. items, before going to the main sales area. Cleaning items with a standard cleaning solution will help in presentation, cleanliness and re-sale of these items.
- Donation Pickup - Volunteers will ride with and assist in loading and unloading larger donations that need a pickup schedule. Due to the nature of scheduling these when donors call upon us, the schedule for this isn’t a set schedule, although we try and schedule these ahead of time.
- House Cleaning - Volunteers will work alongside staff and clients to keep our stores neat, clean and organized. Sweeping, dusting, taking out trash, clean glass and fixtures, etc.
- Pass out Flyers - Volunteers will pass out flyers to local businesses (with permission) to promote our stores, sales, etc. (No Cars or households).
- Donation Center - Volunteers will work alongside staff and clients to fill and replenish orders placed from each location. Volunteers will also work alongside staff and clients in continual sorting and organizing of our distribution center, while looking for quality merchandise to send to store level.
- Saturday Cashiers - Customer Service, Cashier, Store Operations on Saturday’s to allow all locations to be open on Saturday, an opportunity to increase sales by opening on Saturday’s.
Volunteers can contact Tim Dumas at 918-244-5308, for more information.
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training