We are looking for an organized, independent, self-motivated individual (sophomore, junior or senior this year) who wants to make Edheads great and loves a variety of challenges. We want to take Edheads to the next level and need your help to do so! This is a great learning opportunity that gives you the chance to show off your skills while helping us make a difference in the world.
Volunteers will help to support a wide variety of tasks and events, including but not limited to:
- Helping to create, edit and perfect engaging and visually interesting PowerPoint presentations for teachers and other audiences.
- Creating Google Doc surveys out of existing Edheads’ quizzes and worksheets.
- Resizing, cropping and preparing graphics for social media pages and the main Edheads’ site.
- Acting as a social media ambassador to help other students learn about Edheads, help raise money, sell memberships, and support the annual communications calendar.
- Give feedback about game ideas, future plans and share ideas that you’ve had.
- Work in Excel to create, maintain and support databases that Edheads uses.
- Research various subjects online, such as developing a list of science curriculum coordinators, local math teachers or parent/teacher organizations.
- Support other initiatives and ideas, as requested.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- averages 1-3 hrs/wk, about 60 hrs/school year
- computer or connected device, email account, access to Edheads' social media pages