"The volunteers do not need to have any martial arts experience"
Recreation Program Volunteer Job Description
General duties and requirements:
- Work well with youth and adults with disabilities and clearly respect their independence.
- Be able to carry out instructions independently.
- Should be flexible to assist wherever needed for this activity, may be asked to move around be flexible.
- Volunteers are expected to participate in the class.
- Volunteers need to help create an engaging and positive environment for this activity.
- Help bring materials from staff vehicles to activity locations.
- Help watch the door and open the door at the activity, help place signs, check both sets of doors, accompanying some folks to their vehicles or to public transit locations, help with other drop off and pick up activities.
- You may have to stand or be in one location for a long period of time, some bending, and stretching.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating and provide necessary instruction to the participants.
- And other assigned volunteer tasks
Please contact Patrick Remy Youth Services Coordinator, Easter Seals Massachusetts: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check