The Trustees Charles River Valley Region encompasses 19 reservations ranging from meadowlands to farms. Take in the expansive views from atop Cedar Hill at Rocky Woods, stroll down the farm lane of Powisset Farm as you admire the rows of vegetables and herbs, explore scenic woodlands and rolling fields at Chestnut Hill Farm or experience the wonder of the Old Manse where Emerson, Hawthorne, and Thoreau spawned a revolution in American philosophy.
Though part of the Charles River Valley, the main focus of this position will be to promote programs taking place at Chestnut Hill Farm in Southborough. Work may also be done remotely.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using established marketing guidelines, develop promotional materials such as flyers, emails, press releases, and other documents utilized to promote Charles River Valley programs and events
- Develop a social media and press calendar and outreach strategy to increase program and event participation; input programming into local and other online events listings
- Spend time in the communities, establishing prime locations for flyers or other traditional promotion; work with and manage volunteers to promote events locally
- When possible: assist with day-of event support, including taking photos, supporting staff, and ensuring smooth logistics at event
- Log volunteer hours in a timely fashion
- Learn and maintain working and conversational knowledge of Trustees mission and programming to encourage participants to further engage with Trustees through volunteer opportunities and membership.
- Experience with social media outlets and ability to think creatively about event promotion
- Ability to use Microsoft and other tools to create flyers, emails, and other program support materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and flexible
- Interest in agriculture, farming, outdoor recreation, and/or the Massachusetts environment a plus
- Must have means of transportation as well as ability to provide a personal laptop/computer
Time Commitment Needed
Weekly flexible time commitment of 5-10 hours, flexible days; 3 month minimum commitment.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per week, minimum 3 month commitment
- Program Assistants-Fruitlands
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- The Old Manse Event Assistants
- Wayside Visitor Center...
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Planner-South End Garden...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Harvest Assistant-Chestnut Hill...
- Program Assistants-Boston...
- CSA Distribution...