Youth Leadership Network Volunteer Job DescriptionThis event takes place on the third Tuesday every month.
General duties and requirements:
- Work well with youth and clearly respect their independence and leadership roles.
- This is a "No hands on" role; the personal care attendants provide the "Hands on" supports if needed.
- Be able to carry out instructions independently.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to at least 3 events per year for a minimum of 12 hours per year. Event locations are in Boston, East Bridgewater, Springfield and Worcester.
- Should be flexible to assist wherever needed for event, may be asked to move around to different rooms/floors, be flexible.
- This may require moving around for three hours or more.
- Help bring materials from staff vehicles to meeting locations.
- May require some lifting and moving of tables and chairs to either assist with set-up / tear-down of event. Could be up to 25 lbs; supplies, making copies, printing items, etc. An example: having the physical ability to carry 4 pizza boxes a quarter mile.
- Help watching the door and opening the door in Boston; Worcester- help placing meeting signs, checking both sets of doors, accompanying some folks to their vehicles or to public transit locations, help with other drop off and pick up activities.
- Running/driving errands: pizza, soda, other foods, office supplies, etc.
- Helping youth who request assistance with reading, writing, getting materials, getting food, serving food, note taking, making phone calls, etc.
- And other assigned volunteer tasks.
Please contact Patrick Remy Youth Services Coordinator, Easter Seals Massachusetts: email@example.com for more information.
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check