In order to bring the latest trends and keep our show fresh, we are creating two new intern positions to support Fashion From the Motherland:
1) Fashion From the Motherland Research Assistant. Internship description: Seek out West African designers on the continent and in the diaspora, record and catalog their stories by video and written commentary, write the stories as appropriate to our Fashion From the Motherland Experience, and have new clothing made for our upcoming fashion show experiences by these designers.
2) Fashion From the Motherland Program Coordinator Duties may include care of clothing, jewelry and accessories such as transporting/shipping, maintaining a catalog of available items and their sizes, preserving quality and cleanliness of clothing and accessories. Scheduling B4YT as entertainment and as a vendor at relevant festivals and fairs to sell fabric and Clothed Jewels (our line of handmade jewelry crafted by our students in Liberia). Regularly submitting suggestions to the Communications Director to support effective marketing strategies for FFM.
- Event Design & Planning
- Exhibition Arts
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 10 hours/week + 2-3 events as available
- Video editing capabilities is a plus