The volunteer, Volunteer Coordinator manages all elements of volunteering within the Redmond Historical Society. The role involves assessing an organization’s needs and then meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
Volunteer Coordinators manage volunteers and their relationships with those they come into contact with, including employees and service users of an organization. They also monitor, evaluate and accredit volunteers.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit. This opportunity has staff support.
The Volunteer’s responsibilities include, with staff support:
- Create and maintain partnerships with organizations/facilities to recruit on-going volunteers
- Maintaining the volunteer database
- Track volunteers and their hours;
- Create and maintain volunteer paper files, database and other relevant volunteer information.
- Recruit, screen and orient volunteers.
- Work with the various committee chairs and project leaders to define volunteer skills needed for various projects.
- Provide articles to the Newsletter Editor and webmaster to highlight volunteer opportunities and achievements.
- Post Opportunities to Voluntermatch.org, and social media sites
Application form and full description available on request.
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hrs/ week
- Driver's License preferred