A NOTE from founder: Aisha Koroma "Thank you for your interest volunteering with Lift a Village. It is truly an exciting place (virtually) to be, a place where you can really make a difference. We are a very small organization that is making a great impact in the lives of children in African villages. At the moment, we have four team members including myself. I will be honored to have you as a member of the Lift a Village family."
This volunteer opportunity does not require you to come to a location unless on specified events/occasion. Most of the assignments can be completed at the comfort of your "safe and happy place"; where ever that may be."
Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the organization. Participates in programs designed to support all aspects of the annual fundraising objectives of the agency.
- Create and lead a development strategy for a portfolio of 25-50 donors that meets the organization’s annual operating goals, incorporates new donors into fundraising activities, and move sexisting donors to higher levels of giving and engagement.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Executive Director and Associate Director of Development to develop a written donor strategy and relationship record for all interactions.
- Follow fundraising methodologies and strategies to create a plan for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person in the portfolio and contain specific timelines with projected results and expected outcomes.
- Create monthly reports that accurately reflect the portfolio activity and performance.
- Build a strong portfolio of new prospects and donors. Attend to the balance between discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Meet or exceed goals, including gift and visit goals, which have been mutually agreed upon with the Associate Director of Development
- Create and/or run all necessary reports to track progress towards goals, arranged visits and track prospect giving.
- Meet with the Associate Director of Development on a regular basis to discuss progress towards programmatic and fundraising goals.
- Attend on-campus and off-campus events as assigned; may include nights and weekends.
- Collaborate and participate in all fundraising events.
- Resource Development / Management
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment