JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
JerseySTEM raises fuds with lcoal stores to fund Education programs for the students in the community with focus o Girls and Minorities.
In this job, the candidate will reach out to local retail stores and request to host a fundraiser for JerseySTEM.
- Email/Phone call to local store
- Explaining what JerseySTEM does
- Coordinating the event
- Publicizing the event to the Community
- Reporting on the event
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 hour/week
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- SIT: Local Families Engagement...
- LID:Academic Director
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- HRS: Active Professionals...
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- HRS: Job Posting Refresh position
- COA: Mathematics coaching for...
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- GWC: Girls Who Code in Chatham
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- ADM:Legal / Para-Legal help for...
- COA: Physics Tutor