The Global 2100 Project is seeking volunteers to conduct and guide a new study of the future of the world.
The vision of the project: to provide an opportunity for thoughtful young adults everywhere to:
- Consider current human plans for our species’ global civilization;
- Carefully analyze the implications of these plans for the life of a child born today;
- Draft an alternative plan describing how young people would manage human affairs on Earth if they were now leading; and
- Engage in an extended, global, and civil intergenerational dialogue about actions and changes young people would like their parents’ and grandparents’ generations to support now, without delay.
The Global 2100 project will be modeled after the Global 2000 Report for President Jimmy Carter, who has warmly endorsed the new global study. The original Global 2000 Report sold 1.5 million copies in nine languages and had an impact on thinking worldwide. The Global 2100 Study will be prepared by a team of thoughtful young adults supported by respected mentors from many disciplines. The Study will address matters of the global economy, resources, population and environment over the lifetime of a child born today. The Study will report on the worlds young adults would manage human affairs on Earth if they were in charge right now.
The Global 2100 Project is being organized by Our Task, a 100% voluntary, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to environmental awareness and accountability and dedicated to informing young adults about what is happening to Earth. It was founded in 2006 and is based in Arlington, VA, USA. Our Task’s Mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future. Dr. Gerald O. Barney, who directed the original Global 2000 Study and founded Our Task, will contribute to and support the Global 2100 Study. A Wide range of other organizations is being invited to be collaborators on the Project.
The Global 2100 Project needs a wide range of both young adult volunteers to conduct the project and older professional volunteers to serve as mentors and coaches.
The Editor position could be an exciting and challenging role for someone who has or wants to have a solid understanding of the most respected global data and projections available today, and who wants to make a difference in the world.
We are looking for someone who has the skills, creativity, and energy to help the Researchers & Coordinators with their outlook summaries and reports.
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for people to understand
- Verify facts, using standard reference sources
- Work with Researchers & Coordinators to help their work succeed
- Approve final versions
- Work with the Grapic Designer& Coordinator on the format and design of the reports
What will you have achieved by the end of this assignment:
- A deep understanding of global outlook reports;
- A deep understanding of human’s plans for the future of Earth, including Plan A (business as usual) and alternative Plan Bs;
- Hands-on experience for your resume;
- A letter of recommendation on request;
- Name on Global 2100 report.
Ideally we would like to have someone who can commit for at least 2-4 hours per week for six months or longer.
This agreement is not intended to be a legally binding contract.
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours a week