PRECIOUS SISTERS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT MENTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
· Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
· Serve as a positive role model and guide on the side
· Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
· Strive to establish mutual Mentor/Mentee (M&M) respect
· Build self-esteem and motivation
· Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
· A one-year commitment, with hopes of continual service throughout the duration of the participants’ school career.
· Monthly commitment: minimum of four hours per month with mentee(s)
· Weekly communication with mentee(s) (call, text, snapchat, etc.)
· Training: Attend initial six-hour training session and designated computer based training
· Optional: (M&M) group events, mentor support groups, fundraisers, and program recognition events.
· Monthly In-Service sessions. Mentor In-Service meets every 4 th Sunday following 2 nd service. Attendance is strongly encouraged.** To ensure the safety of the youth we serve, every Mentor must undergo and pass a background check.
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours of monthly service
- Attendance to trainings and PMI events